“Each individual, both for and against, prescription Fluoride ingestion deserves and has a right to their choice being upheld, the only way to do this is through ending mass water Fluoridation.” – DFC
**Vote for Choice at Town Meeting TONIGHT 3/11 7:30 sharp, 1st Article on Agenda, discontinue mass prescription Fluoridation **
Residents – Read & *Sign the petition* to the Board of Health
[Video] Sr. Vice President EPA Unions – Dr J. William Hirzy -Testifying on dangers and requested moratorium on Fluoridation.
- Ethics: “The use of fluoridation as a prophylactic medical
intervention without the fully informed consent ofthe public violates numerous articles of internationalconventions aimed at the protection of human rightswith respect to State-sponsored medical interventions
and health care….“ DOUGLAS W. CROSS, ROBERT J. CARTON, PHD Former EPA scientist.
- Fact: Fluoride is a prescription medication as categorized under the MA Controlled Substances Act.
- Fact: Fluoride is the only chemical put in the water supply to treat the human, not the water quality.
- Fact: The FDA has never done 1 animal or human safety study on Fluoride, nor is it on their approved safe drug list, it is “grandfathered” in.
- Fact: Duxbury actively adding lead as a listed ingredient at 0.5% of the “Sodium Fluoride” product in water fluoridation process. Ingredients listed below and picture of product here.
- Fact: At recommended water intake levels residents are ingesting ~2.2-3mg of Fluoride per day, not including other sources. Per a study in Journal of Clinical Endocrinology at > 2mg/day “significant and reproducible alterations of thyroidal function” are possible.
- Fact: Fluoride was used by Doctors to suppress Hyper-Thyroid function in the 1950s-60s….
- Fact: National Institute of Health – “[Fluoride] reduces thyroid activity quite effectively…..Thus, fluoride has been linked to thyroid problems. Patient who wish to avoid the effect of fluoride on their thyroid can utilize fluoride free toothpaste”
- Fact: Duxbury uses Sodium Fluoride from the Zhuzhou Mingsheng Zinc Chemical Company in China. The bag indicates it targets “Teeth, Heart, Kidneys, Bones, Central Nervous System and Gastrointestinal System.”
- Fact: The American Dental Association advises parents of children under 1 year on risks of ingesting Fluoridated water and ambiguously seems to recommend against it. Children under 2 years are advised not to use Fluoridated toothpaste.
- Fact: The National Academy of Sciences panel of scientists unanimously agreed Fluoride can “under certain conditions Fluoride can weaken bone and increase the risk of fractures.” p. 3
- Fact: Harvard University published a study in 2012 linking Fluoride ingestion with decreased IQs.
- Fact: The Scientists that make up the Environmental Protection Association (EPA) Unions called for a moratorium on water Fluoridation in 2000.
- Fact: Duxbury is 1 out of 5 towns of 27 in Plymouth County that Fluoridate. Spend = $24,500/year, 95% flushed.
- Fact: Fluoride has been implicated in university and professional scientific studies in the following diseases: Hypo-Thyroid, OsteoSarcoma, Brittle and Bone Breaks, Neuro-Toxicity, Cross Blood Brain and Placental Barrier, Lowered IQ, Attention and Learning Issues, Cavities and Decay via Fluorosis, Immune Suppression, Kidney Disorder, Poisoning.
- Fact: 97% of western Europe does not Fluoridate their water supplies.
- Fact: The World Health Organization has concluded that the rate of decline in cavities worldwide has been equal in both Fluoridated and Non-Fluoridated countries.
- Fact: Dr. Keith Ablow, Brown University and the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, professor at Tufts University School of Medicine, Forensic Psychiatrist & Chief Psychiatric Consultant for Fox News Media Aug 2012 has advised kids with Learning or Attention Disabilities not to drink Fluoridated water.
- Fact: Both the Duxbury Water Advisory Board and Board of Selectmen in the past 2 months voted unanimously to discontinue Fluoridation.
- Fact: Fluoride is the only prescription medication where your right to the American Medical Association’s Informed Consent process between MD and patient and ability to opt-out has been denied; and where public opinion and a small health board can mandate it is OK for everyone at every age, in any situation, regardless of individual health risks to ingest it.
- Fact: Per the USDA, Fluoride is found in many sources and at raised levels: toothpaste, bottled water, grapefruit juice, tea, fruits, meats, vegetables, bottled water, dental floss, mouth rinse etc…
- Fact: Nobody is monitoring each person’s total daily Fluoride intake from all sources leading to dangerous over-dose potential, CDC: 41% of adolescents are getting excessive Fluoride.
- Fact: Fluoride supplement pills and liquids are easily obtained by a dentist for those that want to ingest Fluoride.
- Fact: The target age for ingestion is 1-6 years old, why would those outside this range ingest via water?
- Fact: Dr. Faiella, Duxbury dentist and new President of the ADA. “We need to teach people what they should do to be in control of their own health”. – Duxbury Clipper 1/30/13. We couldn’t agree more.
- Fact: Duxbury Fluoride Choice is petitioning the Board of Health to discontinue Fluoridating the town water on 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 7:15PM Town Hall, come voice your support in person.